This recipe is for a 6 person lasagne. Simply calculate the values down for a smaller portion (10g butter and flour per 100ml milk).
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 litre semi-skimmed milk
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 40-50g Cheddar cheese
- 40-50g Parmesan/Grana Padano/Pecorino
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Stir in the flour to form a paste, called a roux
- Whisk in the milk little by little until you have a thick white sauce (bear in mind the cheese will thicken it a bit as well)
- Take it off the heat and mix in the cheese and nutmeg
- Season with salt and pepper to taste