- 500g strawberries
- 500g jam sugar (this is way too much in my opinion, I would use 300- 400g)
- Knob of butter
- Dash of lemon juice
- Take the tops off and middles out of the strawberries and place the good bits in a saucepan.
- Put these on a low heat and when they soften a bit, add the sugar
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then add the butter
- Turn the heat up and make it boil fast. You should not be able to control the bubbles by stirring.
- When it gets to this point, time it for 4 minutes and then remove from the heat.