Chef’s tip: You can freeze this soup for up to a month
Indregients (makes around 6 portions)
- 6-7 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 3 medium carrots (or 2 large)
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 170C/160C Fan and lightly drizzle some olive oil in an oven dish
- Slice your tomatoes in half and place them skin side down in the dish. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper, dried basil and garlic powder.
- Put the tomatoes in the oven and cook for at least 45mins.
- While they’re cooking, put a large high sided saucepan on a medium heat and add some olive oil.
- Slice the onion and garlic, and add to the pot.
- Next slice the leek and add this.
- Now for the red pepper.
- Keep going with the celery, carrots (keep the skins on for extra fibre), and the sweet potato (peel this one), chopping them into small pieces and add them to the pot.
- Stir the vegetables every few minutes until the tomatoes are done.
- Take the tomatoes out of the oven, add them to the pot and stir them in to release the juice.
- Add the vegetable stock and a good amount of black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for at least 30mins.
- Use a good stick blender to whizz the soup into a smooth mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!