Chef’s tip: If you want to add a bit of spice to this, you can throw in a few slices of fresh chilli when you add the spinach.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 3-4 rashers of smoked bacon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed/chopped
- 50g fresh spinach
- 500ml milk
- 150-200g spaghetti/linguine
- 60-70g green pesto
- In a large frying pan/wok/low sided large saucepan cook the bacon with some olive oil until crispy
- Add the chicken to the pan and season well with salt, pepper and the garlic powder
- Cook until all the pink in the chicken is gone and then remove the chicken, placing it in a bowl to the side (keep the bacon in the pan).
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are soft and brown
- Add the spinach and once it’s wilted, add the milk
- Bring it to the boil and then add the dry pasta.
- Stir continuously for around 7-8 minutes, until the pasta is cooked (you may need to add more milk and cook for longer if using thicker pasta or wholewheat)
- Mix the chicken back in and add the pesto
- Serve and sprinkle generously with parmesan