Makes enough to fill about 30-35 small ravioli
- 350g peeled and chopped butternut squash (2cm cubes)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 15-20g pecorino/grana padano cheese
- Ground nutmeg/ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
- Place the butternut squash in a large bowl with about 2stp olive oil, season with salt and pepper, mix it up.
- Tip the pieces onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 18-20mins.
- Meanwhile, add the onion slices to the bowl used to season the squash. Drizzle another teaspoon of olive oil and season to taste.
- Once the butternut squash has had 20mins, sprinkle the onion slices over it and cook for another 10mins.
- Leave it to cool for 5mins and then tip it into a high sided bowl. Blend it into a puree with a hand blender.
- One completely cool, stir in the cheese and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. I also like to add a dash of ground cinnamon.