The rule for this recipe is 1 egg per 100g of flour. Around 300g makes enough for 4 people.
- 300g ‘Tipo 00’ flour (some supermarkets call it pasta flour)
- 3 large eggs
Method – mixer
- Assemble the mixing attachment, add all of the ingredients and mix on a low speed (2-3) until it forms a ball of dough.
- If it’s struggling, add a tiny dash of water.
- Swap the mixer for the dough hook attachment and use a low speed to knead the dough for 5-10mins.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and rest it for at least 30mins.
- When ready, use a rolling pin or pasta machine to roll out the dough super thin and cut it as required.
Method – hand
- Add the flour to a large bowl and make a well in the middle
- Break the eggs into the well
- With a fork or your hands, gradually incorporate the flour into the eggs until well mixed
- Knead (stretch and roll) until it’s a soft smooth dough
- Wrap in clingfilm and rest it for at least 30mins.
- When ready, use a rolling pin or pasta machine to roll out the dough super thin.