This is sort of my twist on a carbonara. It’s creamy and delicious 🙂
Serves: 2 people
- 1 large chicken breast (or 2 small)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half a red chilli (or half a teaspoon of chilli powder) – this is optional to add a bit of spice but you can leave it out
- 2 slices of smoked bacon
- 100ml white wine – drink the rest of the bottle with the food 😉
- 200ml cream (single or double, whichever your prefer)
- 200g spaghetti
- Parmesan to serve
- Try adding some red or green pesto after the cream.
- Try adding a squidge of tomato puree before the cream.
- Try adding a handful of spinach just before the cream.
- Get a large frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil.
- Get everything prepped so that you’re ready to get cooking. Chop your onion, mince or chop your garlic, chop the chilli into tiny pieces, slice the bacon into small strips and dice your chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and chilli to cook for 1 minute. Don’t let the garlic brown.
- Add the bacon and stir until it’s cooked.
- Now add your chicken with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper and stir it around.
- At this point, put a pan of water on to boil for spaghetti if you’re using dried. Cook as you normally would while doing the rest.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked through, add the wine and turn the heat down a bit so it can simmer for 5-10mins. This will allow the alcohol to cook away and leave you with the flavour.
- If you are using fresh pasta, get it going now.
- Now turn the pan down to a low heat and add your cream. Make sure you don’t add the cream until the pan has cooled down a bit or it will go lumpy.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the pan. You can turn the heat off at this point as it will stay hot enough.
- Serve and sprinkle with parmesan 🙂