Makes 4 burgers
For the burgers
- 4x skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- Plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 pack of halloumi cheese (cut 8 slices)
- Sriracha mayo
- 4x brioche buns
For the glaze
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
For the pickled cucumber side
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp white vinegar
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Open the chicken thighs out flat and coat them in the flour.
- Add the chicken to the pan and watch it sizzle 🙂
- While the chicken is cooking, make the glaze and pickled cucumber.
- Glaze – add the ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes then leave on a super low heat.
- Cucumber – sprinkle over the salt and leave for 5mins to absorb. Mix in the sugar and vinegar and leave in a bowl for the flavour to develop.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan on a medium-high heat and add the halloumi to the pan without any oil.
- Flip the chicken once they’re half way cooked and crispy on one side.
- Flip the halloumi and set aside once cooked on both sides.
- Toast the buns and get ready to stack!
- Add the chicken and spoon over some of the glaze.
- Top with halloumi and the sriracha mayo.
- Serve with pickled cucumber and your choice of salad/wedges/veg.