Serves 8 with a small slice each
For the cake:
- 170g/6oz clear honey
- 140g/5oz butter
- 85g/3oz light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g/7oz self raising flour
For the icing:
- 55g/2oz icing sugar
- 1tbsp clear honey
- Hot water
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 3, and butter/line an 18cm (7inch) cake tin.
- Measure the honey, butter and sugar into a large saucepan with a tablespoon of water. Heat gently until melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the eggs and flour.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40-45mins (can be quicker than this depending on your oven).
- Cool for a few minutes on a rack.
- While the cake is still warm, make the icing by mixing the sugar and honey together with 2-3 teaspoons of hot water.
- Trickle the icing over the cake in whatever pattern you like 🙂