Chef’s tip: Serve with a butter/garlic sauce, creamy white wine sauce or a basic tomato and basil.
Serves: 3-4 people
- 350g/12oz sweet potato in skins
- Small piece of peeled fresh ginger, very finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp grated parmesan
- 150g/5oz plain flour
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan/400F/Gas 6
- Wash the potatoes, prick with a fork and cook them on a baking tray for around 40mins-1hr (or until soft).
- Remove potatoes from the oven, slice in half and let cool for 2mins.
- Scoop out the flesh onto a clean tea towel/kitchen towel or muslin and squeeze to remove any excess moisture.
- Put the potato in a bowl and add the ginger, seasoning, egg yolk and parmesan.
- Sift in the flour and mix together with a fork and fingers for a soft warm dough – HANDLE LIGHTLY
- Cut into 4 pieces on a lightly floured surface
- Roll each piece into long thin sausages and cut into small pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for 2mins or until they rise to the top.