- 1 medium sized onion
- 4-6 unpeeled cloves of garlic
- 1 half shoulder of lamb (around 800g)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to the highest setting (usually 230-240C).
- Roughly cut the onion into wedges and place in the bottom of an oven dish with the garlic cloves
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place the lamb on top of the veg, drizzle it with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and rub it all over
- Loosely cover it with foil and pop it in the oven, immediately turning the heat down to 170C/150C Fan/Gas Mark 3
- Cook for 1hr20mins.
- Remove the foil, baste the lamb with the juices and cook for another 1hr 30mins