Chef’s tip: Serve with ice cream or clotted cream. If you’re feeling fancy, you could melt some extra chocolate and drizzle it on baking paper to make pretty patterns. Once it’s dry, you can use these as toppers to the cake.
Original recipe video can be found here so you can follow along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4fbOGxiFDc
Ingredients (makes 10-12 slices, or halve the ingredients to make 6 slices)
- 32 (330g) Oreo cookies, whole
- 110g butter, melted
- 7 oz/200g milk chocolate
- 3.5 oz/100g plain/dark chocolate (I use 85%)
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 300g fresh strawberries
- OPTIONAL: chopped nuts
- Place Oreo cookies (with filling) into a food processor and blend until it turns to crumbs.
- Pour the melted butter into the crushed Oreos. Process until evenly moistened, or you could mix them with a spoon if you haven’t used a blender.
- Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5×14 inch (12 x 36 cm) tart pan.
- Really press it in and up the sides to make a nice edge.
- Freeze the base while you prepare the filling, just for few minutes.
- Prepare your strawberries by removing the greenery.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and heat on medium-low for a few minutes. No boiling or simmering needed. This doesn’t take very long so keep an eye on it!
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until it has all melted and is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the Oreo crust and make sure it’s level, then get your strawberries and press them gently into the chocolate so that they are half submerged.
- If you imagine the slices you’ll cut, you can arrange the strawberries alternately in the large part of the slice.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.