- 2 large red onions (sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 50g finely sliced ginger
- 2-3 finely chopped birds eye chillies
- 50g curry leaves
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 200-300g gram flour
- Heat lots of sunflower oil in a wok or very deep saucepan, enough to deep fry the pakoras in.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a big bowl until it all sticks together.
- Take a little piece of onion and drop it into the oil to test the heat. It should sizzle and float but not cook too quickly.
- Drop 3-4 scoopfuls of mixture into the oil at a time.
- Scoop the pakoras out onto kitchen towel.
- Serve with mango chutney and yoghurt dip.