- 2 large eggs
- 80ml milk (semi-skimmed or whole)
- 40ml double cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 thick slices of brioche
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp butter
- Optional to serve – berries, icing sugar, honey, syrup etc.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon
- Lay the brioche slices in a shallow dish and pour the egg mixture over them
- Allow the slices to soak for 2-3mins then flip and leave for another 2-3mins. Make sure all parts of the brioche are soaked.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until foaming
- Fry each slice for 3mins on each side or until golden brown