Gennaro Contaldo’s recipe, goes perfectly with my fresh pasta
- 250g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 150ml red wine
- 2tbsp puree
- 900ml-1ltr beef stock
- Heat 2-3tbsp olive oil in a high sided frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add the mince, season with salt and pepper, and use a whisk to break it all up. It will stick to the pan at first but it will come off as it cooks.
- Cook for 5mins, then add the rosemary sprig
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated and the meat is brown and golden
- Add the wine and let it bubble away for a minute
- Add the vegetables and stir, then add the puree. Let this cook for 2-3mins.
- Add the beef stock and stir.
- Turn down to a low simmer and cook for around 90mins or until it’s thickened up.
- Serve with your choice of pasta 🙂