Chef’s tip: To add something special, mix some icing sugar with lemon juice, grate in a small amount of lemon zest and decorate the top of the cake with lines/squiggles.
Ingredients for the cake
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 225g self-raising flour
Ingredients for the drizzle
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 85g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan, gas mark 4)
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- Mix in the eggs one at a time
- Mix in the flour and then the lemon zest
- Bake for 45-50mins
- Mix together the drizzle, poke some holes in the top of the cake and drizzle the drizzle in a drizzly way to cover the whole cake. It will go nice and sugary/crunchy on top.