This makes roughly 8-10 small pancakes
- 225g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 30g butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 300ml milk
- Butter for frying
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add the eggs, butter and milk into the well.
- Mix with a fork or a whisk until smooth
- Heat some butter in a frying pan
- Use a ladle to spoon small amounts into the pan one at a time
- All you need to do is wait for the top of the pancake to blister and bubble and then flip it for around 1-2mins on the other side.
Chef’s tip: Delicious with berries, honey and yoghurt. Or for a savoury approach, butter and smoked bacon.