Chef’s Tip: delicious served with warm berries/honey/yoghurt
- 100g/3½oz porridge oats (not instant)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml/3½fl oz oat milk, or any other sort you wish
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Put the oats and salt in a mini blender/food processor and whizz until they resemble a crumby heavy flour.
- Tip into a bowl and add the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mix up the milk, egg and vanilla in a jug.
- Slowly add the liquid to the dry mixture, mixing as you go, until it’s all mixed in.
- Add a tiny drop (about half a teaspoon) of oil to a large non-stick pan and use a piece of kitchen towel to wipe it across the whole surface.
- Use a ladle to spoon the batter into small circles in your pan, no more than 4 at a time.
- When the surface starts to bubble, use a spatula to turn them over and let them cook for another 2-3mins.