Serves 4-6 people
Chef’s Tip: Try my custard recipe which goes perfectly with this crumble!
For the filling:
- 3-4 cooking apples
- 75g golden caster sugar
- A small knob of butter
- Ground cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 80g butter
- Optional: 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- Optional: 2tbsp ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
- Peel and chop the apples into small cubes.
- Put them in a large saucepan with a little bit of butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon and 75g of sugar, on a low-medium heat.
- Cook until the apples are soft, remove from the heat and transfer to your oven dish.
- Now to make the topping. Mix together 50g caster sugar, the flour and butter.
- At this point you can also add the optional ingredients which I highly recommend!
- Use your hands to combine the ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over your apples and bake for 10mins or until golden and crunchy on top.