Makes: 25-30 cookies
- 150g salted butter
- 80g light brown muscovado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips or regular chocolate chopped into chunks (white/milk/dark)
HELPFUL TIP: If you don’t have any eggs, or you want to make a half batch and can’t measure half an egg, use this helpful guide: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/955371/baking-without-eggs
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas 5
- Combine the butter and both sugars in a bowl and mix until creamy
- Mix in the vanilla extract and egg
- Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- Add the chocolate and stir well
- Using a spoon, roll the mixture into walnut sized pieces and place on a baking tray, making sure they are at least a few centimetres apart (using a regular 30cm baking tray, I would place no more than 6 on each tray).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are starting to brown but still squidgy in the middle.
- They will come out the oven a lot squidgier than you expect but will settle once they start to cool.
- When they have cooled for 3-5mins, transfer them to a cooling rack (or a plate if you want to eat them warm!)