Makes: 12-16 small squares
- 150g salted butter
- 75g light soft brown sugar or golden caster sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 250g porridge oats
- Preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan/Gas Mark 4)
- Line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and Golden Syrup into a medium pan and gently heat until melted.
- Take off the heat and stir in the oats.
- Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting with a sharp knife.